Why I Only Use the King James Bible Version

Before I got saved, I bought a book at the thrift store called, "Good News For Modern Man" even though it was very used and marked up. That was the LORD drawing me to Himself.

Then after I got saved in 1976, I used the King James Bible Version probably because that was the only one I was aware of.

But over the years, I added and eventually swapped out my KJV for the NIV (New International Version), the NKJV (New King James Version), NAS (New American Standard Version), The Message and others I can't remember.

It wasn't until after I did the research and discovered that there was a nefarious plan to change the Word of God. Why? To create doubt in God's Word. Remember in the garden what the serpent said to Eve, "Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?" in Genesis 3:1.

Here are only a couple of the MANY examples with links to see more...

The KJV says:
Luke 9:54
And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?
Luke 9:55
But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.
Luke 9:56
For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.

The NIV removes what Jesus says:
Luke 9:54
When the disciples James and John saw this, they asked, “Lord, do you want us to call fire down from heaven to destroy them?”
Luke 9:55
But Jesus turned and rebuked them.
Luke 9:56
Then he and his disciples went to another village.
MORE NIV EXAMPLES
http://www.av1611.org/niv.html


The KJV says:
Matthew 7:14
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

The NKJV changes the wording to say salvation in Jesus Christ is difficult which it is not:
Matthew 7:14
Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.
MORE NKJV EXAMPLES
www.av1611.org/nkjv.html


Here is a link to ALL the Bible versions online, so check them out yourself:
https://www.blueletterbible.org/

No comments: