My Pro-Choice Decision by Cathy Palmer

Over the years, I have helped in various ways at crisis pregnancy centers and today, I will be volunteering for the Pregnancy Resouce Center of Napa Valley at a booth they are having at a Christian event in Calistoga.



This brings me to why I desire to help others who may find themselves in an unwanted pregnancy...

MY PRO-CHOICE DECISION

by Cathy Palmer

Please read my story which tells how the Lord Jesus Christ changed my life…

DRUGS, SEX, & ROCK N' ROLL
"Pregnant?" I exclaimed when the doctor gave me this unwanted news. I could not believe my ears because I had used birth control. But it was true, so in fear and shame, I immediately began making plans for an abortion. It was the early 70's and my hippie life style of "drugs, sex, and rock and roll" had caught up with me again. This was the latest of several traumatic occurrences in my life; a couple of years earlier, I was committed to a mental hospital for a few months where I was given a series of 12 shock treatments. My family was told that I was a paranoid schizophrenic needing medication the rest of my life, never to be normal again. However, due to my mother's Christian Science beliefs, she tossed the pills and within a few months, by the grace of God, Who I did not know – but He knew me - I recovered completely

CRISIS
Now, here I was with a crisis pregnancy, too selfish to consider adoption and too ashamed to give birth to my baby unmarried. I found a medical center that agreed to perform the saline abortion they said I needed. Only a few people knew of my dilemma and some attempted to talk me out of it, but I had already made up my mind long before I got pregnant. So alone, I had my abortion, which was a horrible experience. Completely numb, I dressed and walked out the building. My "problem" was fixed as I returned to my "normal" life of free love and contraceptives.

SEARCHING
A few years passed and I was now married. However, my wounded life had reached a point of despair and complete hopelessness. Nothing I tried brought true satisfaction: drugs, marriage, religion, jobs, friendships…every path I searched left me feeling empty. A couple of friends talked to me about Jesus, but I thought I was a Christian. One friend would came over and show me verses in her Bible after our husbands had passed out from doing drugs!

TRANSFORMATION
Another friend told me about a Christian television program, so one day in 1976, I turned it on. However, I turned it off just as quickly because I didn't watch “those kinds” of shows! But, the next day, I turned it on again and was intrigued by the various guests who told amazing stories about how Jesus Christ had changed their lives. I watched the entire program and at the end, I got on my knees and said, “I’ve sinned against You, O God - please have mercy on me!” and asked Jesus into my heart. Something happened and by the end of the week, I KNEW I was different! It felt like I had been in a deep, dark pit and only when I looked straight up, could I see a small blue dot; everything else was black. Then it was as if Jesus lifted me out and put me on top of a mountaintop where I could see clear, blue skies for the first time in my life!

FORGIVENESS
I knew that I was a sinner but Jesus washed all my sins away, including that of my abortion. And He continues to heal my emotions and restore my soul by the power of the Holy Spirit. God has turned my mourning into gladness and my weeping into joy!

NEW LIFE
In late 1999, the Lord told me to quit my job, move to Florida, and go to Bible School. Even though I was $35,000 in debt, He said to "step out in faith and trust Me", which I did. Less than two years later I was debt free and a missionary in Europe. After 3+ years living in Berlin, Germany, I am now back in the USA with a burden to see the church wake up and the lost find true freedom through a personal relationship with God through His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ.

DESTINY
God also has a plan for your life - a plan that gives meaning and direction. Not only does He want you to live with Him forever, but He wants you to fulfill your destiny here on earth. However, we ALL have sinned and fallen short of God’s perfect will. The only thing we can do to be saved from His wrath, is to turn away from our evil ways, our sin, and put our trust in Jesus Christ, Who died on the cross for us. He chose to lay down His life for us because He loves us. Jesus took the punishment for our sins and stepped into the courtroom to pay our fine. Not only did He rise from the dead and defeat death after three days, Jesus is alive today and coming back!

FINDING PEACE
Time is short, my friend, so to find peace with God, this is what I did:
First, humble yourself and get on your knees, asking God to forgive you of anything that may have offened Him, praying something like this: "God, please forgive my sins. I turn from them and put my faith in Jesus Christ as my Lord and my Savior. I believe Jesus died on the cross for my sin. I believe He rose from the dead after 3 days. And I believe He is coming back one day. Thank You, Lord!" Now read the Bible - not the modern/corrupt ones, but the King James Bible which hasn't be changed over the years. Read John 3 about being born again.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Watch Cathy's Story

source


September 4, 2009 UPDATE
It was a wonderful day as we talked to lots of people about the Lord, about abstinence and exposing the lies of abortion.









MORE INFO ON ABORTION ALTERNATIVES

ABORTION RECOVERY

1 comment:

Marylee said...

[Wonderful blog! Here's a new pro-life slogan I found: "Unborn babies should have the same right to be born alive that abortionists had!" BTW, I just saw the following web message:]

A PRETRIB RAPTURE FIRST !

Joe Ortiz's "End Times Passover" blog (Mar. 9, '10) is now displaying (for the first time anywhere) a facsimile copy of the "kernel" of Margaret Macdonald's 1830 handwritten pretrib rapture account!
The same history-changing account was found in the British Library and is catalogued there as "Margaret McDonald's Vision."
Historian Dave MacPherson, who has researched throughout Scotland and England, tracked it down and obtained a copy of the entire 1830 handwritten document which can now be viewed 180 years later.