ALL OF GOD'S PROMISES HAVE BEEN FULFILLED IN HIS SON!
This morning the LORD reminded me that I could trust Him TOTALLY because He is faithful to keep His promises! Several weeks after arriving in Berlin in 2002, I asked the LORD, "What am I doing here?" and later that day, while walking on the bridge over the Spree River near my flat, I saw a beautiful rainbow. The Holy Spirit spoke to my heart and said, "Just delight yourself in me and I will do the rest." Tears rolled down my face as I stood there, my eyes fixed on the beauty of God. I thought about how after the flood, the LORD told Noah, "I am giving you a sign as evidence of my eternal covenant with you and all living creatures. I have placed my rainbow in the clouds. It is the sign of my permanent promise to you and to all the earth. When I send clouds over the earth, the rainbow will be seen in the clouds, and I will remember my covenant with you and with everything that lives. Never again will there be a flood that will destroy all life. When I see the rainbow in the clouds, I will remember the eternal covenant between God and every living creature on earth. Yes, this is the sign of my covenant with all the creatures of the earth." And today, Jesus Christ, the Son of God, never wavers between yes and no. He is the divine Yes--God's affirmation. For all of God's promises have been fulfilled in him. That is why we say "Amen" when we give glory to God through Christ. It is God who gives us the ability to stand firm for Christ - He has commissioned us and he has identified us as His own by placing the Holy Spirit in our hearts as the first installment of everything He will give us. Our heavenly Father already knows all our needs, and He will give us all we need from day to day if we live for Him and make the Kingdom of God our primary concern. AMEN!

No comments: